Position: Retail Associate
Location: Town at Trilith
Hours: 15-20 weekly
Reports To: Store Manager/Owner
The Retail Associate is responsible for assisting the Owner/Store Manager with the day-to-today operational management of the store, including but not limited to staff supervision; team building; customer service; merchandise pricing; financial oversight and cash handling; and visual merchandising/product staging. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a clean, well-organized store that is always appealing to customers. When the Owner and/or Store Manager is away from the store, the Retail Associate will be expected to fill the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as acting Store Manager when assigned or as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of written procedures for store operations, including opening, and closing the store, security, handling of cash, and other relevant procedures as needed.
- Operate the POS system to complete customer transactions; ensure the accuracy of the cash drawer; and reconcile credit card payments daily (PCI DSS compliance).
- Manage customer conflicts, pricing issues, etc. with professionalism and genuine care.
- Provide inspirational leadership to staff.
-Provide exceptional customer service to customers in store and over the phone.
- Create and ensure the quality and organization of every staged product grouping.
- All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to the Store Manager.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Ability to speak effectively in both large group and interpersonal settings.
- Basic computer skills.
- At least two years of experience providing customer service in a retail setting, including at least one year training and supervising the work of staff preferred.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Eye for home decorating and knowledge of the current trends.
-Weekend availability is a must.
TO APPLY: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org